Poise, confidence and the ability to organize facts are valuable parts of one’s education. The speaking competition is designed to recognize FEC members who develop qualities of leadership by combining clear thinking and conversational speaking into an interesting presentation.
2013 Impromptu Speaking winners:
- 1st Place – Christine Menge (Blaine High School)
- 2nd Place (TIE) – Lorelei Cooper (Fridley High School) & Ashley Downing (Anoka High School)
- 3rd Place – Allen Bergstedt (Blaine High School)
Eligibility for Entry:
- Up to three (3) FEC student members per chapter.
- Each chapter will be allowed to have a run-off competition to select the winning impromptu speakers that will represent their chapter although a chapter run-off competition is NOT required.