Northwest Suburban Integration School District #6078 (NWSISD) is comprised of eight independent school districts which include Anoka-Hennepin, Brooklyn Center, Buffalo-Hanover-Montrose, Elk River, Fridley, Mounds View, Osseo and Rockford.
As a collaborative, NWSISD has worked with the member districts around the common goal of post-secondary preparedness and success. Each year, member district students high schools and middle schools are provided the opportunity to research potential schools by participating in college visits. College visits offer the college bound student a first-hand look at colleges and universities throughout the state and nearby Midwest area.
As a reminder…
- The maximum number of student participants for each visit will vary. For high school groups, please limit your group to 30 participants. For middle school groups, please limit your groups to 20.
- All groups must generate their own permission slips to pass out to students.
- Groups signing up to attend visits must provide chaperones and organize transportation for their group. A ratio of one chaperone to every ten students is recommended.
- If more than one district attends a college visit, fees paid for transportation may be reimbursed by the Minnesota Department of Education. You will need to fill out the “Transportation to Interdistrict Desegregation or Integration Schools or Programs” form to receive reimbursement.
- In order to register your students for any of the following visits, you will need to complete and send sign up forms to J. Ayenna Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spaces will not be guaranteed until this form is received. Completed student lists are due two weeks prior to the scheduled visit. If lists are not received, spaces will be given to groups on the waiting list.
Click on the flyer link to view a list of the 2014-2015 college visits.
If you are interested in signing your group up for more than one college visit, you will need to complete a separate form for each visit. Feel free to contact me via email or by phone at 763-450-1331 should you have questions or want updates on numbers remaining for each visit.